Beautiful Cebu

Beautiful Cebu

Monday, May 3, 2010

My First Dive Experience

May 1,2010 Saturday

I woke up as usual at 7 am, ate breakfast, took a quick shower and prepared some things I usually take with me when going to the beach like sunblock lotion, my rash guard, etc. Then went to the city to meet my nephew and niece and ate lunch early at Shakey's Pizza.
Our dive instructor arrived earlier than us at the dive resort where we agreed to meet. Whew, scorching hot at 1:25 p.m. As the dive assistants were preparing the gears, we the dive students were also busy struggling to wear the wet suits and fins. My fins on the other hand were one size larger than the fins (full type) I used two Saturdays ago. Luckily I was wearing my beach shoes so I wore the full type fins with my beach shoes and it work pretty well.
While we were already a few meters away from the dock where we started, and the depth was almost 30 feet deep I started to feel my throat dry due to the oxygen. I wanted to swallow saliva but since I was underwater that would be impossible. So, I signal the assistant dive master that I would like to surface and immediately inflated my buoyancy control device not realizing the danger I would possibly encounter like sudden change of pressure or speeding motor boats, jet ski or any other passing ocean vessel.
The assistant dive master took me ashore when he realized I was almost carried by the current farther away from the site where we started the dive. I thank the Lord that He gave me an angel to keep me from harms way in the form of a human being like the dive assistant. I also thank our dive instructor, Jensen Hoffman for always being patient with us if we forget the skills he has been teaching us.

No comments:

Post a Comment